Ahh there is nothing (beauty-wise) I love more than taking care of my skin! All the girls in my family have really sensitive skin so my mom has always made sure we use skin care items that won’t make us break out. That being said, the products I’m talking about today are a little more on the pricey side but can also be used as ideas when looking at drug store products! Most of these products have been recommended by either my dermatologist or my facialist and if you would like to try them, all of them can be found online!
I’m not going to lie, some nights I just don’t have the energy to do every step I’m supposed to but nights where I get all of this done definitely make a difference for my skin!
- To start, I use my Skin Ceuticals Gentle Cleanser to get most of what is on the surface of my face off. It’s a mild cleanser that is perfect for sensitive skin! All I do is put a pump in my hand with water and gently scrub my face with my hands.
- Next, I put more of the Gentle Cleanser on my face and guide my Clairsonic Mia 2 all over my face. The Clairsonic is perfect because it keeps track of time itself. I put it on my forehead for 30 seconds, then my nose, chin and mouth for 30 seconds and finally each cheek for 15 seconds to give a deeper clean of my skin and get everything out of my pores!
- If I have time, I pull out my Image Ageless total resurfacing masque which I leave on for 30 minutes. Even though it is anti-aging, my facialist suggested it as a preventative masque that brightens the skin and get out any excess dirt and oil. I try to do this once or twice a week but it’s usually a treat to have time for this step!
- After either the masque or just using my Clairsonic, I take out my Skin Ceuticals Equalizing Toner for a final wipe through of my skin. I specifically focus on my neck because it’s hard to clean off makeup with soap and water in that area.
- The last step on my skin before moisturizing is using my Image Clear Cell medicated acne lotion that I use as a spot treatment for break outs. I use a tiny tiny pump and simply rub it into any problem areas and I swear it just zaps them away!
- I usually then brush my teeth, floss, and mouthwash and then use my Sara Happ or lip scrubs to give a little love to my lips!
- Finally, moisturizers!! Depending on the night, there are two face moisturizers I love. If I’m rushing through my night time skin routine I usually just use the Cetaphil heavy moisturizer. If I do the full masque I use the Image Ormedic balancing bio-peptide creme since it helps restore and moisturize the skin after so much exfoliation.
- Then again from the Image Ormedic line I use the balancing lip enhancement to do the same for my lips!
- Finally a good night’s sleep is so great for your skin!!
- Right after I wake up I wash my face with the same Skin Ceuticals Gentle Cleanser as before!
- I usually have very oily skin in the morning after using heavy moisturizers at night so my facialist suggested the Image Clear Cell salicylic clarifying tonic to use as a toner in the morning. It dries up the oil and reduces inflammation that leads to break outs.
- If needed I’ll put some more of the Image Clear Cell medicated acne lotion spot treatment on problem areas.
- If my skin is feeling super dry I’ll put Cetaphil on as well but I usually just put on the Image Prevention+ tinted moisturizer with SPF 30 as a base for my make up!
- Finally the only face make up I wear is from Jane Iredale. I use the under-eye concealer and regular concealer and then set it all with her pressed powder. If I want a little more color I add bronzer and blush then finish off my make up with Origins eye shadows and mascara (searching for a new one…any suggestions??)!
I also try to get facials about three to four times a year. They are like a detox for your skin and really help keep it healthy!! Keep in mind that I live in a very dry climate and have very sensitive skin which is why I use all of these products. Everyone has different circumstances and skin tones but I hope you like this routine and I hope it inspires you to give a little extra love and investment to your skin!