It’s that time of year again and I don’t know about you but my Facebook events calendar is filled up graduation party after graduation party so I thought I’d share some DIY’s from my party last year!
It seems like a lifetime ago that I was graduating high school since so much has changed in just one year.
My prayers are with any of you that are graduating. Always remember the Lord has amazing things in store so you must trust in Him no matter what circumstance comes your way.
DIY PERSONALIZED PARTY BANNERS
These were so fun to make because they were more personal than regular party banners and the final product looked super cute! What you need is:
- Colorful scrapbook paper
- Large letter stickers
- Twine or ribbon
- Hole Punch
- Optional: Pictures of the graduates!
- First, find some fun scrapbook paper in the colors of your choice! We picked the school colors for our colleges, which ended up looking great together.
- To create the triangles, fold the scrapbook paper in half FOUR times.
3. With a pencil, lightly draw a diagonal line and cut the folded paper in half.
4. You should end up with four complete triangle and a few scrap pieces if you use a regular square piece of scrapbook paper.
5. After that lay out the triangles in the order you want them to go
6. Add stickers to say whatever you want
7. Then all you need is to hole punch them and hang with twine! We added some pictures of my best friend and I which is another fun way to personalize the decorations.
Individual Seven-Layer Dips
This appetizer was perfect because so many people are walking around at graduation parties with their hands full and it was easy to just grab a cup and go! I would suggest this for smaller parties since it was so time consuming, but everyone loved the individual cups! You will need:
- Small plastic cups
- Refried beans
- Sour Cream
- Cut up unions
- Salsa (optional: we didn’t put any salsa on our because of how runny it can be)
- Diced olives
- Tortilla chips
- We put our cups on cookie sheets (to help move them around) then filled the bottoms with a layer of refried beans.
- Next, we added guacamole,
- the sour cream and cut up onions,
- and topped them with cheese, olives, and a few tortilla chips.
I hope you all have a fun and safe graduation season and congratulations to the Class of 2016!!!